Get this week’s Growth Guide in your inbox: www.CornerstoneNH.org/growthguide
Welcome to Cornerstone Online! 🎉
Invite someone to watch with you! 🙌🏼 Text with a link to www.CornerstoneNH.org/online
Next Steps 💪
Text these keywords to 603-225-2550
- NEW — New here? Start here!
- SERVE — Church Online needs Chat Hosts & online groups are forming.
- NOTES — Get the Growth Guide (below) in your inbox.
- YES! — Start your new life in Jesus!
Give: www.CornerstoneNH.org/give or text an amount to 84321
Download our app: www.CornerstoneNH.org/app
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CornerstoneNH
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/TheCornerstoneNH
Growth Guide 🌳
REVEAL MY FEARS
Dangerous Prayers, Episode 1.2
THE BOTTOM LINE
What I fear the most shows me where I trust God the least. —Craig Groeschel
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. — Psalm 139:23-24 NIV
FEAR vs. TRUST
What am I afraid of? That God will…
- Show me things I don’t want to know.
- Take me places I don’t want to go.
"There is no room in love for fear."
There is no room in love for fear. Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life—fear of death, fear of judgment—is one not yet fully formed in love. — 1 John 4:18 MSG
God knows our heart, and the Spirit’s mind.
God, the searcher of the heart, knows fully our longings, yet he also understands the desires of the Spirit, …the Holy Spirit passionately pleads before God for us, his holy ones, in perfect harmony with God’s plan… — Romans 8:27 TPT
This is your Father you are dealing with, and he knows better than you what you need. — Matthew 6:8 MSG
"My fears are unnecessary & unfounded. He loves me, and this—the searching, revealing, convicting—will be a good thing, the path to where I really want to be."
I know I can trust him because…
For God has proved his love by giving us his greatest treasure, the gift of his Son. And since God freely offered him up as the sacrifice for us all, he certainly won’t withhold from us anything else he has to give. — Romans 8:32 TPT
THE CHALLENGE: PRAY, "REVEAL MY FEARS"
Heavenly Father, as hard as this is for me,
I am asking you to search me.
Search me, God, and know my heart.
God, test my motives.
Reveal to me my anxious thoughts.
Show me anything in me that offends you.
God, I want to see in me what you see in me,
so I can become more like Jesus.
God, I ask you to search me.
Are you receiving Christ’s forgiveness and yielding to his leadership in your life for the first time today? We’d love to celebrate your decision and email you free resources to help you get established and keep growing in your new faith. Text YES! to 603-225-2550 or click here...
ON YOUR OWN
Answer these questions this week to reflect and go deeper.
- What are some common fears people have about life in general, and surrendering their lives to God in particular?
- Read (above) 1 John 4:18. Put its message in your own words here.
- Look at Romans 8:27 (also above). According to this verse, what does God know and what does the Holy Spirit do?
- Is there anything that seems to cause you constant or unnecessary anxiety? What would it look like for you to begin to trust God with this fear?
- What fears, if any, keep you from asking God to search your heart? How should what God has done in sending Jesus (see Romans 8:32) alleviate those fears?
- Rewrite The Bottom Line. Commit to praying, "Reveal my fears" each morning this week. Write down what the Lord shows you, and then share it with someone.
IN YOUR GROUP
TALK IT OVER with friends right now, using the bold questions above. In your Cornerstone Community group this week, discuss your answers to the ON YOUR OWN questions. In a one-hour online group session, you might spend a 10-15 minutes catching up, 40 minutes talking through the discussion questions above, and 15-20 minutes praying for one another and planning ways the group can meet needs and serve others.